Sunday, May 20, 2007

Finally, the Time Has Come

There is not any question that last Tuesday was a very emotional day for the Sucher household and the neighborhood girls Kim has made friends with. The Gilmore Girls has finally come to an end. As I am sure you can imagine, I was very broken up and emotional about the series coming to a close. No longer will I have to reserve my Tuesday nights at 7 pm. Kim invited the girls next door to come on over and partake of the fast talking, sarcasm that is known as the Gilmore Girls. Maybe all the time I have spent in Utah has made my hearing/comprehending abilities slow a great deal, because I find myself not being able to understand a word between Loralie and Rory and digging deep to catch the humor in their sarcastic dialog.

Only a time or two have I found myself with a tear in my eye at the end of a television series and that was at the end of Growing Pains (a marvelous work and wonder) and the recently departed The King of Queens. The girls that Kim invited over cried during random parts of the show. Perhaps they felt their biggest love being torn from their grasp. We can only hope they an find a way to fill the void in their life.

I feel bad that Kim has lost a valued treasure in her life, but at least she has Baseball Tonight and the NBA playoffs to keep her busy.

3 comments:

Mr. Roberts said...

Be strong, little Jeff. Be strong.

Alaina said...

What! King of Queens ended? Sad. Glad to get the news somehow as I am about 82089765 years behind in television. But that show got me through some late nights with fussy baby.

Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.